This isn’t one of those “here are the healthiest items at Trader Joe’s” or “you can make a week of meals for $25 with this Trader Joe’s grocery list” article. This is a binge-worthy “you must try these foods if you have a soul, a stomach, and you’re not lactose or gluten intolerant” type of article. THESE are the items I cannot resist when shopping at Trader Joe’s.
- Le Delice de Bourgogne & Fig & Olive Crisps – this creamy brie-like cheese is heavenly, especially atop the sweet, chewy crackers
- Popcorn with Herbs & Spices – alright, I’ll admit it took me a while to warm up to this one, being a replacement for the beloved Beurre Meuniere Popcorn, may she rest in peace. The flavors are a refreshing change from the typical butter or cheddar. Add a touch of class to your “I don’t really want to go outside so I’ll just close the curtain and pretend it’s night” Saturday at 4pm Netflix binge.
- Parmesan Crisps – these babies have been hiding from me until recently. Good news – they go with everything: soup, salads, breadsticks, more cheese, chocolate, icing, butter, avocado, etc. But mostly vegetable soup, in my experience.
- Dark Chocolate Bar Caramel with Black Sea Salt – if after reading that name, you need more justification, we can’t be friends. I feel comfortable saying this is my all time favorite chocolate bar. Vosges, the Hershey’s Factory downtown, nothing compares.
- Tarte aux Champignons – the O.A. (original addiction). This tart has been with me through tough times, happy times, scary times, all the time. It’s my go-to drunk food (classy, right?) but must be cooked at 425 degrees which takes a really long time and sometimes you’re just kind of tired from drinking and you fall asleep with your oven on. Three times. Don’t do that. This tart is quite thin, so don’t plan on sharing!
I am not responsible for any addictions hereafter. Eat at your own risk! – R